(ZIP archive, about 300 kBytes)
(ZIP archive, about 145 kBytes)
(ZIP archive, about 140 kBytes)
(.tar.gz archive, about 220 kBytes)
(.tar.gz archive, about 145 kBytes)
(ZIP archive, about 65 kBytes)
MakeRDS is a program to calculate professional stereograms of any size from
a given TARGA height image. It is a DOS and OS/2 command line utility.
To be able to use MAKERDS, you need an image in TARGA format in which the
elevation information is provided (white: objects near to you, black: objects
far away from you, grey: objects between black and white ;-)
Additionally, you may need a TARGA pattern image (such as "COLORPAT.TGA",
provided with MakeRDS). Note: both images, the height image and the pattern
image must be non-compressed TARGA type 2 or 3)
When should I use MakeRDS instead of RDSdraw?
RDSdraw is fixed to VGA resolution (640x480x16). This means that you
only can create RDS images with a resolution of 572x465 (the rest of
640x480 is used to display the pattern, which is needed for RDS
generating, and the focus points) with only 16 elevation (=height) planes.
Besides, RDSdraw is restricted to create only 16 (or less) color images
(the "Super Color RDS" type could only be implemented with a work-around;
it is displayed only as a 4-color image).
If you want images with a higher resolution and/or with more depth planes
(please note that the number of depth planes depends also, but not only
on the resolution; more details will follow), MakeRDS will be a perfect
tool for you.
Note: MakeRDS is a command line program and is not as easy to use as
RDSdraw. But don't be afraid - read the usage chapter and you'll be a
master in using MakeRDS ;-)
Version 2.0 (1999-Dec-07)
- bug fixes for multi plattform support and long filenames.
Version 155 beta (1994-Dec-01)
- Auto-Z-Stretching bug corrected. Auto-stretching was not enabled,
when a standard pattern (no image) was used.
- There were several wrong '=' in the V150b documentation.
All wrong '=' were replaced.
Version 150 beta (1994-Oct-12)
- Improved 24-grayscale stretching.
- Now /VInc and /Double now may be combined (there was a bug)
- Added pattern image "colorpat.tga". It was created by
Ulrich Blum / Braunschweigerstrasse 5 / 22765 Hamburg / Germany
- In the final version there will be many more pattern images!
- FIRST OFFICIAL BETA VERSION
- input/output and memory management routines completely rewritten
- changed /Stretch option to /stret multi option
- added paletted targa support
- removed /NoRDS bug
- added pattern type 6 and 7
- added following options:
/FocP, /TopB, /BotB, /TopF, /BotF, /Stretch, /CutOff, /Hidden, /Double
Version 100 beta (1994-Sep-111)
- first (non-public) release of MakeRDS