(ZIP archive, about 120 kBytes)
Why RayChat? And where does it come from?
First there was RayTron which had (since version 10.0) a built-in chat. And
Christof Naue and many others (including us, the programmes, too) saw that this
buit-in chat was great. :-) Besides, there is a need for OS/2 chat programs...
This is why we decided to release RayChat as a stand alone program. And here
it is. It an easy-to-set-up chatter with a window for each user (so you can
see the user typing online)!
What do you need for installing RayChat in your BBS?
- OS/2 2.0 or newer
- Maximus BBS (recommended, but others are possible, such as Lora)
- Ten minutes
- RayTron changed a lot from Version 11.x to 12.0. So did RayChat. That's
why the raychat.cfg changed a lot, too.
ATTENTION: YOU CAN'T USE THE OLD RAYCHAT.CFG (VERSION 11.x) ANYMORE!
TO GET RAYCHAT WORKING, YOU HAVE TO COPY THE SAMPLE CONFIG FILE
ENGLISH\RAYCHAT.CFG OVER THE OLD RAYCHAT.CFG. RAYCHAT WON'T WORK
OTHERWISE. SORRY FOR THAT INCONVENIENCE!
- Changed colors setting. For example, you can change the background color
now. To give RayChat a new colorful look, try the following new "colors"
setting instead of the old setting in your "raytron.cfg":
For more details, please have a look at the new "availcolors" section of
your new "raychat.cfg"
- Improved non-IBM-character support
- Now, you can use external programs for sysop yelling, too. For more
details, please have a look at the new "yellingsound" section of your
- RayChat is now telnet backspace capable.